ePortfolio

Friday, July 30, 2010

Welcome!

Greetings to all who have arrived here. I'm sure you are classmates from PP105. I'd like to take the time to say a few words about creating the content of this blog. Here are some things I learned.

1. Adverbs of Time: In a blog, you really shouldn't use them. I find myself starting posts with words like next or then or now when those words really don't belong here. Example, the first thing I wrote on this blog is at the bottom. So, when I start a post with the word "then," it creates a problem. The reader hasn't read that happened first yet! It seems that you would want to reverse the order of your posts... but then the reader would have to scroll down to get to the latest item. It's a conundrum.

2. Surprise: Just when you think it can't be done, you click on something AND-IT-CAN! So often I felt that I was at the end of my Blogger's rope. But by reading, and re-reading, things Steve put up about embedding and links and stuff like that. In the end, I was able to upload everything I wanted, in the order I wanted. That makes me happy.

Overall, I am really pleased and excited about what I've learned in this class. I hope to use all these pieces of information daily. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment